The Food Bank of Delaware, a member of Feeding America is a statewide nonprofit agency whose vision is a community free of hunger.
Our mission is to provide nutritious foods to Delawareans in need and facilitate long-term solutions to the problems of hunger and poverty through community education and advocacy.
We work to achieve this, primarily in Delaware, by:
- Providing low- and no-cost food to qualified feeding programs throughout the greater Delaware region;
- Informing the greater Delaware community about hunger issues and food security;
- Mobilizing support for anti-hunger efforts;
- Training and empowering under- and unemployed individuals to fill needed positions within the food service, warehousing/logistics and agricultural industries;
- And developing and implementing statewide nutrition programs to assist low-income families, individuals and children.